Pages

Friday, February 2, 2007

Am I going to the WINDY CITY soon?

Yesterday, I went to work at the office for the first time this week. Why? Had I not been working at all? Actually, the coolness of my job is that I still don't actually have to go to the office. I spent the better part of the week working from home, working on a PowerPoint presentation to replace a DVD we don't have yet (Those cost, humm, $35,000. My presentation costs, well, my time. Mostly.)--but we'll get there, at some point. So meanwhile I have been creating a PPT that's an Installation Guide as well as sales pitch of our product. It is in French and later in English too, with or without voice, but all animated. And it's only my second or third PowerPoint ever! Anyways, it is now done except that I have to replace the temp voice (my voice--gahhh..) with a professional, friendly Quebecois woman's. I will uploaded it when it's all done.

Ok, which brings me to today and my headline. I thought I was going to have to brave the minus-15 degrees we're currently enjoying by bus again this morning when I woke up at 6:30AM, but Philippe mentions I could instead, if I wanted to, go with him to visit his partners and present my PowerPoint guide--and if I mention that program again, Microsoft is going to owe me for advertising them so much! (Oh, did I mention it's the brand new 2007 version, with its patented "Ribbon" feature? ;) Ha ha...) . He also had to look at a big project that our competitors had and were losing, because, well, their system is so inefficient for large spaces, whereas ours is perfectly adaptable. So we came in and explained how it could be done, and then Philippe promised that I would have full floor plans with the installation descriptions drawn up for more than 5,575 square feet of offices and halls, by Monday. (Gulp.)

--So I said "Ok", and then he added, to drive the point home, that we would do the installation, with some help over there. "Over where", I asked, and he said "Chicago". We're probably going within the month, that's the time line! Of course it will not be for more than a few days--a marathon run, really--but I am SO very excited, especially given how much I've heard about Chicago in the past year, strangely enough.

1 comment:

Perry Francis Shirley said...

wow that's a lot of pressure to deal with. remember to never trap yourself my promising something you are not capable of. Modesty is an OK feeling to have from time to time but I understand the need to drive oneself by promising the world and a half.
just remember: you're doing things that not too many people our age and education level are mingling with. So don't kill yourself.