Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I owe an update..BIG update!

Hi everyone! This update won't be the big update I mentioned, simply because I need to get some sleep and leave home by 6:30am tomorrow, and the next day and the day after that as well.

Yup, I'm actually spending a week at the office. First time in two months I've been here, lol.

So what have I been up to in the last 20+ days? let's recap:

(from an email to my Dad:)

I was in Montreal for four and a half days last week, going out to visit tile & bath shops (We likely got our young company’s first order that isn’t coming through our mother co.—and it’s a VERY big company (+25 million in sales). BUT while all that was great and instructive, I was back at the hotel by 5:30 -6 with nothing to do for about SIX hours; my first night I went out to downtown and discovered the “ugly” Montreal (it was all strip clubs, bums and crappy restaurants---what was my friend thinking??!), in absolutely freezing conditions. I even had to go buy a scarf, and take the hottest shower once back “home”. I went out one more night only…so yea, I did my hotel-room time (hum, I believe next time I will be bringing DVDs), and read a good bit of The Pirate Coast [by Richard Zacks, a terrific and fascinating book by the way, about the barely twenty year's old United States sending out the first Marines on the country's first secret mission to the Barbary Coast.--And did I tell you it was fascinating?!).

--So that was last week, the same time I found out I can have my A.A. degree (Associate's) in Business by the end of the Fall session at Santa Monica College if I do four more courses after this semester. Finally!! It has taken since 2001, but the time in-between has been well-filled with great work experiences (as most of you know, running restaurant(s), being Marketing Director at an online company that rented audiobooks--Jiggerbug.com--and in-between producing several $100,000 real-estate seminars). The other neat thing, to give you another update fresh from last night, is that I was looking at my transcript and remarking how many humanities and social sciences type classes I've taken, and thought "Huh! What if...?" and lo and behold, I need two more classes after my AA in Biz and I can also have an Associate's in Liberal Arts!! Very exciting and hugely rewarding, especially.

What else, what else? --last weekend I had the utmost pleasure of shopping for birthday presents for my little soon-to-be two years old niece, Alair. Of course she's my twin brother's daughter, so that makes it very strange and very cool as well. I had a great time in The Children's Store picking among so many shades of pink in such small sizes (BTW, the recommended size for a 2 year-old is 3 Years. Who knew?), and I think she'll look just LOVELY in the little pink tutu outfit I picked for her, along with the boa imitation leather jacket (For after school..), and diamond earrings.

Kidding, of course, but I will post pictures above of my chosen little (literally, not just saying that) gifts.

Ok, much more to write, but I will leave that for tomorrow. I haven't been not posting for nothing, I promise.

Good night!

-Byron

No comments: