Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2007

On multi-tasking, my week, my body.

Phew! Just finished off a week of being sick with the flu, including two full days of basically doing nothing at all but sleep and hurt, sleep and hurt. I feel better now, and can use the weekend to relax, and get back into things.

Every time I have a period of inactivity like that, it feels as if my world is breaking down, and my moral totally breaks down. It's true, I'm often happier the more I'm busy. Which is what makes my current job exciting, since i get to be a jack-of-all-trades, once again, something I cherish. I think this differentiates me a bit from many people who would rather have specific jobs and more regularity and less stress, If I am right to presume that. Where I see that is when i tell people, say, what i am doing over the weekend--usually involves quite a bit--and people look at me with big eyes, and think I'm crazy and look forward to their own idea of a good weekend, a one, maybe two event weekend. (of course, for more than half of L.A.'s active population, they'd totally disagree and totally would rather pack as much into their weeks and weekends...but we are a special breed, methinks).

So, having said that I am going to try and set some goals for this weekend:
1. Visit a second maple syrup-making house--this time our friend Martin's, who produces in great quantity with top-of-the-line equipment....for those of you whom I spent picture of the first "Cabane a Sucre" i sent, you saw the rather simple set up you can use...
2. Do homework, quiz for Marketing course....always important.
3. Get 100% HEALTHY!! (These are in no particular order, because otherwise this one might be tops, but, then again, I could still accomplish most of these things quite fine and still be sick by the time Monday hits)
4. Read read read....The War of the Bushes.
5. Meditate and chant.
6. Work out? Only if my body tells me its ok. Which it will. Light, 1hr 15 total.
7. Mandated by Mom: Finish Season Six of "24". Send last DVDs.
8. Set To Do list for Beg. Work Week.
9. Do Client Map research---this is the idea of creating a map--in this case of Quebec, that shows the various tile and Kitchen + Bath stores and their relations to each other---partners, owners, distributors, so that I can later apply that to L.A.
10. Go to the movies! See something fun. Laugh.

Hmmm Did i tell you I could be busy? ;)


4.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je viens de faire ta connaissance sur le blog de Leonel et j'ai visité ton blog dans la foulée.
Bravo pour tes billets et tes photos avec les phoques, j'y reviendrai....

Byron Shirley said...

Mes billets?

Anonymous said...

J'ai cru comprendre que chaque article qui paraît sur un blog était appelé un "billet" ! Je ne blogue pas depuis longtemps = Leonel (from Corsica - son french blog) était mon premier blog en novembre dernier. Voilà pour le petit franco-américain !
Donc, tu as une lectrice de plus...
Question : je ne savais pas que les californiens avaient besoin de chauffage....

Byron Shirley said...

Castafiora: Tu devrait me donner ton courriel, se serait plus pratique a la communication...entre-temps, sa me fait tres plaisir d'avoir acquis une lectrice--surtout une Corse!?

Je ne savais pas qu'on appelait un Blog Post un "billet" en France...merci, je me sens plus intelligent! :)

RE: ta question, la majorité des Californiens n'aurons pas *vraiment* besoin de mon plancher chauffant comme chauffage; se serat un produit de **confort**--En effet, se serat le mot-clé: Je ne parlerait que tres peu de chauffage la-bas...Cependant, le carrelage reste froids n'importe ou dans le monde, et n'importe qui va apprecier plus le carrelage réchauffer--tu voit, je parle deja de chauffage!! Zut!--que le carrelage froid. En effet: le meuilleur marché aux E.-U. est en ce moment en Floride(!), ce qui est surprenant, sauf si on pense au fait qu'il y a becaucoup de retraité qui aiment leur confort et on les ressources financiere pour se l'acheter. En Californie, l'argent existe aussi et surtout le désir de faire monter la valeur des maisons. (Si la Californie etait son propre pays, elle serait la 5eme economie mondiale!)

Voila, une tres longue réponse truffé d'erreures grammaticale sans doute...

Anonymous said...

Merci pour les explications et le confort (instead of chauffage !)
Je ne sais pas t'envoyer mon adresse E-mail, explique-moi comment je fais ou demande à Leonel = il a l'habitude et ça va le faire sûrement rire !